Hi! I’m Michelle- the one behind Stringing With Heart.
I love all things creative in folk-artsy crafts! I could work on so many projects most hours of every day for a lifetime, and still not touch all the wonderful projects I would love to do. So this is where I want to share my passion for those things, encouraging and inspiring others to add a little bit of creativity to their day! So whether, you are looking for inspiration, a little how-to, or just would like some encouragement – or even if you’re just looking for a special hand-crafted something special to gift to someone – you are in the right place!
Getting Started Way Back
I taught myself to crochet back in the very early 1980’s as a very young, house-bound new wife and mother-to-be. I remember picking up a very old 10 cents book on how to crochet from a yard sale, buying me a skein of yarn and a hook, and sitting down to “make” my very first project. I had no idea that there were different levels and I should have started something on a beginning level first. I worked with a peachy color soft yarn on an envelope-styled clutch in the shell stitch pattern, finishing it by lining the inside with soft flannel by hand and zipper and sewing a button closing on the front. I remember on about the second page of the book, trying to just learn the single crochet stitch. I became so frustrated, I literally threw the whole project halfway across the room! A few hours later, I picked it up again, and that time it just clicked. I have loved crochet ever since. How nice it would have been to have known someone at the time that could just show me what I needed to know!
A Few Facts About Me –
- I have a wonderful family. I’m blessed to be married to a wonderful, supportive husband! Together, we have the greatest kids (including 1 teenage daughter still at home) and the greatest grandkids ever! I am better known as MiMi to them.
- We live in the country and raise cattle. In fact, a lot of the time, the cows are literally in my back yard! Mooo-oooo -ooo! I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatique Syndrome, so I am not nearly as active as I used to be, but I still love living in the quietness of the country.
- I like to try different crafts from time to time. I have done a little latch-hooking, quilting, candle-wicking, and red-work. I have tried my hand at knitting. It didn’t last long. Neither did sewing. Crochet is my first love of crafts with making jewelry next. But who knows? I just might decide to pick one up again one day, or even a different crafting venue!
- This blog will be a work in progress. Just like I am a work in progress. I am not ‘techie’ – so am learning as I go.
- I am Forgiven, Restored, and Redeemed! I am so thankful for His mercy and grace and the work that He is doing daily within me and in my life. Though I fail Him sometimes, He has never failed me. Thankful that not only am I forgiven in Christ Jesus, but that He has restored my life and even though there are great hardships in this life, I am Redeemed with great promises…
So curl up in your favorite spot with a cup of coffee or a glass of sweet tea! Be inspired, encouraged and CREATE something just for fun today! Don’t forget to scroll down below and add your email so you can keep up with this “work in progress”! You can expect about once a month, to receive updates, sometimes filled with special offers, or giveaways…. oh, and I promise that by respecting your privacy, I will not ever sell your email to companies, nor ‘spam’ you since I don’t like that either! 🙂
Blessings always and from the heart,